Commerce7 is a customer-centric commerce platform in the alcohol industry, powering over 1400 leading alcohol brands, including Opus One, Caymus, Harlan Estate, and William Chris Winery. We are seeking a skilled and motivated DevOps Engineer to join our team. If you are passionate about the web, results-driven, detail-oriented, and value working in an open and challenging environment, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, building, and maintaining our infrastructure and development processes. You will work closely with the product team to ensure seamless integration between development and operations. Our tech stack includes Node.js on AWS (utilizing Aurora, DynamoDB, and SQS). Join our small and passionate team as we push the boundaries of automation, scalability, and reliability. Flexible work hours weekdays / weekends.
- Design, build, and maintain the infrastructure and deployment pipelines.
- Develop and enhance tools for automated deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to ensure smooth integration and continuous delivery.
- Implement and maintain system security and data protection measures.
- Identify and troubleshoot infrastructure and deployment issues in a timely manner.
- Optimize and scale infrastructure to support the growing needs of the platform.
- Implement and maintain robust monitoring and alerting systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive efficiency and process improvements.
- Strong proficiency with scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Proficiency in using containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda etc.).
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, security, and protocols.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions).
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of database administration and optimization.
- Strong understanding of version control systems, particularly Git.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of web applications.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Experience with payment processing and gateways
Why Work with Us
By joining Commerce7, you'll be part of the ground floor of a small, profitable, and fast-growing company, allowing you to launch your career to the next level. In addition to a competitive salary and great career development potential, we offer the following benefits:
- Make a daily impact with your work, as your contributions will significantly contribute to our business's success.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team dedicated to empowering our clients with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed.
- Free wine! Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment on us.
We value your time and effort in applying for a new job. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any links to your GitHub projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Visit www.commerce7.com to learn more!