Commerce7 is a customer centric commerce platform in the alcohol industry. Today we are the platform that powers over 600 leading alcohol brands including Opus One, Caymus, Harlan Estate, William Chris Winery and more. While we are a startup, we are profitable.
We are looking for a backend developer that is passionate about the web. Someone who is results-driven, detailed oriented, and seeks self-improvement. Someone who wants to work with a team that values openness and pushing the bar. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role:
As an intermediate backend developer you will be working directly with our senior backend developer and product team to develop technology and APIs. Our tech stack is NodeJS on AWS (a lot of Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambdas, SQS, SNS, some RedShift).
Development is fast paced. The team is small and passionate. We are pushing the bar with APIs.
- Create REST & GraphQL APIs that our frontend team and our partners will use.
- Write tests to ensure code stability.
- Define or refactor data models according to evolving needs of the application.
- Collaborate with our team to improve and version existing APIs.
- Work closely with the senior backend developer and our frontend developers to assist them with properly using the system APIs.
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards.
- Work with strategic agencies and partners to guide them on using our APIs for their customers and brands.
Requirements for the role:
- Proficiency with NodeJS. (Around here we use ExpressJS and a lot of Lambdas).
- Proficiency in testing. (Around here we run 1000s of integration tests, and some unit tests).
- Experience with Aurora, DynamoDb, Lambda and other AWS technologies.
- Able to write direct SQL code if required.
- Extremely strong problem solving skills.
- Experience working with both REST and GraphQL.
- Desire to own code quality and create great experiences. We consider our API a customer experience for our partners.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners, and other team members.
- Capabilities of learning new technologies.
- Independent – Able to work unsupervised and meet goals in a timely manner.
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn about how they use Commerce7.
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for QA.
- Experience with frontend JS frameworks such as React/Angular/Vue (we use React)
- Ecommerce or Point of Sale UI/UX experience
Why Work with Us
Not only are you joining a great team, you’re joining the ground floor of a profitable fast growing startup which puts you in a position to launch your career to the next level. Aside from a competitive salary, and great career development potential, there are a number of other benefits for working with Commerce7.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team dedicated to empowering our clients with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed.
- Make an impact with your work. You won’t be another cog in the wheel, the work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the business.
- Free wine! - Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment on us.
To learn more about Commerce7 visit www.commerce7.com.
Applying for a new job at a startup can be scary and is definitely a lot of work. We do value your time. We look forward to receiving your resume. We always love finding out more about candidates so feel free to include a cover letter and links to any projects you may have on GitHub.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org