Commerce7 is a customer centric commerce platform in the alcohol industry. Today we are the platform that powers over 1300 leading alcohol brands including Opus One, Caymus, Harlan Estate, William Chris Winery and more.
We are looking for a front-end developer that is passionate about UI/UX on the web. Someone who is results-driven, detailed oriented, and seeks self-improvement. Someone who wants to work with a team that values openness and pushing the bar. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
As a front-end developer you will work closely with our product team to create solutions across our suite of products which include ecommerce tools, a point of sale system, reservation software, and CRM. Development is fast-paced and we're constantly launching new features and improvements to our existing tools.
Our tech stack is Node, React, and AWS. You will be using libraries like React Router, Redux, Styled Components, and NextJS.
- Architect, build, and scale customer facing applications.
- Develop new user-facing features for our platform and online tools (including point of sale, ecommerce, reservation and CRM software).
- Collaborate with our team to improve and redevelop the UX/UI in existing interfaces.
- Work closely with back-end developers to understand and properly use the system APIs.
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards.
- Work with strategic agencies and partners to guide them on using our platform tools to create customer centric UX/UI for their customers and brands.
- Grow a culture of customer centric UI, consistency, and quality.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS. Ideally styled components.
- Experience with version control.
- Experience developing large scale front-end applications and a solid understanding of frontend architectures.
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Independent – Able to work unsupervised and meet goals in a timely manner.
- Desire to own code quality, and create great user experiences and a commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for QA.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners, and other team members.
- Capabilities of learning new technologies.
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn about how they use Commerce7.
- Understanding of fundamental UX principles for the web.
- Ecommerce or point of sale experience is an asset.
Why work with us
You're joining a great team with a competitive salary and great career development potential, but there are a number of additional benefits for working with Commerce7.
- Make an impact with your work. We're a small team and the work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the business.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team. Team is important to us. We're dedicated to working together to empower our clients with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed.
- Free wine! Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment on us.
How to apply
Applying for a new job can be scary and is definitely a lot of work so we do value your time.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We always love finding out more about candidates so feel free to include a cover letter and links to any projects you may have on GitHub.
Learn more about Commerce7 and what we do at www.commerce7.com.