Commerce7 is a Vancouver-based software startup that enables wineries around the world, regardless of size, to succeed by empowering them with the digital tools needed to create customer-centric shopping experiences. Wineries use our software to sell through all direct-to-consumer sales channels including ecommerce, point of sale, reservations, and wine club subscriptions.
Over the past 2 years, we’ve grown to serve over 590 wineries across 8 different countries ranging in size from mom and pop operations to multinational enterprises.
As Commerce7’s Director of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for driving the leads necessary to take Commerce7 to the next level in our rapid growth. We are looking for someone passionate to lead and guide efforts in developing marketing strategies that drive awareness of Commerce7’s story and values. We are looking for an individual who thinks outside the box and isn’t afraid to push the bar!
As the Director of Marketing for Commerce7, the impact you’ll bring to the overall success of the company will be significant. Your goal will be to share Commerce7’s story and values with thousands of people. Your success will expand Commerce7’s reach resulting in thousands of brands gaining access to the tools needed to grow their business and millions of consumers receiving better shopping experiences.
- Oversee the Marketing Department
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of Commerce7’s business activities
- Produce ideas for promotional events or activities that will drive MQLs, as well as organize and execute those events or activities efficiently
- Ensure Commerce7 has a presence at all relevant industry events
- Work with the Marketing team to book and organize speaking engagements at associations, trade shows, and other events
- Research demand for the Commerce7 software in North America and other countries in the world and report the findings to management
- Build brand awareness and position Commerce7 as the thought leader in our industry
- Support sales and lead generation efforts (quality leads to support sales targets)
- Oversee and develop various marketing campaigns
- Work closely with our partner agencies on developing ad, SEO and design strategies
- Evaluate campaigns and troubleshoot and correct the ones that are not performing well
- Monitor costs and budgets, assess the ROI
- Analyze advertising returns and report the data to management
- Track other meaningful metrics related to marketing efforts, to demonstrate the impact of marketing on our growth
- Work with our partners to promote their integrations and offerings, and to educate them on upcoming features and product development
- Proven experience as a Marketing Director for a SaaS company
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active long-term participant in the growth of Commerce7. The ideal candidate will share values in line with Commerce7’s core values
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of MailChimp, Hubspot, Indesign, Photoshop, GTM/GA, or other marketing tools is preferred
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, and communications or relevant field
Not only are you joining a great team, you’re joining the ground floor of a profitable fast-growing startup which puts you in a position to launch your career to the next level. Aside from a competitive salary, and great career development potential, there are a number of other benefits of working with Commerce7.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team dedicated to empowering our clients with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed.
- Create your own goals and the methods for achieving them. Gain control over how your job is executed and what your growth pattern looks like.
- Make an impact with your work - you won’t be another cog in the wheel, the work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the business.
- Skip the commute! Work remotely and hit your deadlines from home.
- Free wine! - Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment on us.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com.